Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Christmas .....ya'll

So, here we are, the end of 2011, and hubby and I are enjoying an English Christmas. It's so very odd how different Christmas things are here than in the States. I expected, or thought it would be more like a Victorian Christmas here. But I guess that is just a Hollywood image. Cause there is little to no house decor, and the street decorations are minimal. But we did do up our place, tree and all.



We also did on minimal gifts this year. Hubby got practical gifts such as a badger shave brush, cookbooks, and a Scottish food hamper. I, on the other hand, got a regency tea caddy! It is now one of my favorite possessions. It just thrills me to think that 200 hundred years ago a London craftsman created a tea box, never thinking it would be around at this day. If only this box could tell us the story of where it's been.
I also got another wonderful gift from my boys. It's what I asked for - a recent photo. Aren't they handsome?!!

 So a happy Christmas, Joyous Noel, Froliche Weinnachten, and any other seasonal greetings to you.

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo of the boys! We (Holly & I) were wondering how you got it. Clever of you to ask, and great to recieve. They look soooo handsome. Love your tree too. Beautiful!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete