Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ahhhh Dominican....

Those of you who read this must think my life is some kind wonderland.  Well, it's not. I just choose to record the highlights. It must give off the aura of a charmed life, but really, those of you who know all, know the downs of all this travel. Reminds me again, that we all carry burdens and scars even if others can't see them.
Saying this just to remind you that I'm not bragging or boasting about these travels and events, but recording them, so in my old dotage I can recall that I once "had a life".
The Girls adn I headed to the Dominican Republic this year. We stayed at our third Iberostar resort. Man, we love these. All inclusive food and booze. What a way to go!! Honestly it takes a few days to relax and slow down to island pace, but once achieved, it's a beautiful thing. This resort was much smaller than Cancun last year, and it was fabulous. La Romama, on the south coast of the DR, is where it's situated. You fly into this tiny, one runway, two gate airport. They actually have to do a U-turn at the end of the runway and taxi back to the terminal. Too cute. It's an undiscovered area so far. There were only a handful of Americans at this resort, quite unusual. But it made it nice. WE weren't the ugly Americans so we did fine. I think there were as many or more Canadians there as Americans. Mostly Europeans. Very much like being in London. Lots of skimpy bathsuits and Speedos too. And we're talking bodies that Americans would NOT put in a Speedo. I say "bravo" to them, especially the ones who went topless on the beach. You go Girl!!
We opted for two rooms this years, which worked out well. One gal had to leave toward the end of four days ( planned, not an emergency) so I moved inot the other room. Even then, it's fine. Ibersotar rooms are good sized with large bathrooms. so there is no crowding. And the food!!! oh my. always good when someone else cooks and cleans, but the fresh fish and friut were fab.Service was great too. You would barely finish something and the plates were wisked away, or a drink refilled. The entertainment was nice too. Lady Gaga, aka a local employed as a socail director made everyday special with some sort of planned activity. Then at night, the social crew would put on a different show to entertain the crowds. We vowed to stay up one evening and watch the show. It was great. They sang and danced their hearts out. Was it Broadway worthy? NO, but it was fun and we cheered for the cast who daily serves and entertains us on the beach.
the weather wasn't as hot or humid as I expected. WE all said it seemed milder than the previous years. But of course, the weather pattern all over the globe has been funny this year. My hair got wavy, so I know Singapore will do the same. If Singapore is like this weather wise, I'm golden.
If the other Girls cough up some photos ( cause I didn't take my camera this year) then I'll post them. Otherwise, this is it. Still trying to hang onto the Caribbean vibe. Relax man....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mon, no camera huh? OK, I won't say a word... This place really sounds relaxing. Maybe Mark & I can go somewhere like this one day. I can't even imagine what that's like. Hawaii will give us an idea I'm sure. LOL on the whole Speedo/topless/skimpy swimsuits. And ya didn't have yer camera! LOL!

    Your Biggest Fan ~ Grande Hermana

    ReplyDelete