Friday, April 27, 2012

Travelling to Worlds End.......

Yeah, there really such a place. Oddly, its here in London. I was thinking about his recently, and I truly dont know the origins of the name, but I suspect that it was named so when it really was the worlds end. I mean, the West End of London is far from what I'd call west. But back in the 1500, when the seat of power was the Tower of London, and a royal palace, it would have been west. Now this is just my guess. I know that Hyde Park had been King Henry VIII deer hunting forest.....yes really. So why not Chelsea being at the end of the known world.... Now that the history lesson is over, I just want to make note of the fab day I had. Took the 328 bus to it's terminus at World's End, and low and behold, it drops me right off on Kings Road near the chairty shops. i must say I had quite the day putzing around there. Chelsea is one of the nicer areas in London, so very nice things are donated. Let me be clear, most are tiny sized, but I did find some Russell and Bromley black flat shoes for £4.50. What a coup!! Also picked up some nice long sleeved Tees for £4 each. Had to hit Cath Kidston as well. Nothing like a few gifts for the girls back home.... Wandering down the street took me to Bluebird cafe. Jess said it was lovely place to have a cuppa, so I did. I'm still learning to enjoy just getting out and bopping about. There is so much to see. It's sometimes sad that I do it all by myself. But such is the cross I bear.

2 comments:

  1. I would say that you don't do it all by yourself - I'm sometimes there to explore with you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi - You finally took the bus to World's End. Congrats on your big adventure! Tee hee. Darn, we shoulda squeezed that in somewhere while I was there. I can tell I woulda loved it! And such deals. I'm just so sorry you had to go alone without me!!!

    Mike - you woulda been bored within 5 minutes after stepping off the bus. :-)

    ReplyDelete