Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home again....

It was so great to go away. But now it's great to be back. I had a wonderful time seeing everyone, and I appreciate the love. It's a real blessing to have such great family and friends.
Starting off in New Hampshire was such a treat. The girls all met up at the cabin, getting it ready to put it on the market, and we carried on in the annual tradition of jammies and cocktails. But we did venture out, down to Wolfsboro and made it an afternoon. The weather and the lake was so lovely.

Lake WInni

After a long Memorial weekend, we headed back to Iberostar Portsmouth, where the fun never stops. My lovely hostess always gives me full run of the place, and I always make good use of it.

Of course I never miss a chance to wander down into Newport, one of my favorite cities. Went out for a meal at  Yesterday's restaurant and had some great food.

calamari salad.

But then it was time to head West, for the real reason for my trip....sissy wedding! I'm so thrilled for her that she found the man of her dreams. I know she thought he wasn't out there, but he was. Isn't it always the way - you give up and there they come.
It was a great day, not too warm with a gentle breeze.The boys drove me up and we got to spend some more time together. The venue was Mark's home church of St. Mark's (tee hee) in our home town of Altadena. The attending maids and men were the kids of the bride and groom. Odie was feeling ill and while they held the ceremony for a bit, she did arrive a few minutes later.

Marcella walks in



His ring, ..it's for real then

So sweet

After much singing ( Mark is in the choir and wanted many tunes) we drifted across the pathway to the fellowship hall. There we socialized and dined on made to order tacos. And of course there was punch and wine. Our mom came out from Arkansas for the wedding, and to spend some time in the sun.


Speeches were made, lovely words shared and there was much dancing from the DJ. The cakes were laid out ready for the time when they would be cut and devoured. The bouquet was tossed. The happy couple danced with party goers...it was just right!

Dancing fools....

the very Happy Couple

Boys having too much fun

Uncle Matt sports "the hat"

cakes before

cakes to feed each other
I hated to wed and run, but we had a 2.5 hour drive home and it was getting later. Shifting from one friend to another was a hassle but at least I got to see everyone that way.  Sherri stayed up and waited for me ( so sweet) and I crashed with no trouble at all. With only two days per host, we had to cram a lot in. The next day brought the monthly Temecula wine run for her, so I and two others tagged along.


There is NO WAY I'd go home without eating at Rubios and In-n-out burger. SO while did burgers on the trip to Altadena, it was now time for the fish tacos. And the best place to get them is Rubios ( unless it's Taco Tuesday at the BRig...which it wasn't).


Morgan showed me around his workplace  and we enjoyed a fish plate for lunch. Life is good. Good food and good time with the kids.
But time was drawing to an end. Sissy was winging her way to a honeymoon in Hawaii ( yeah) and I was trying to cram everything back into my case. I really wasn't looking forward to 15 hours of travel to get home. But I was looking forward to home and hubbie. So with the marine layer rolling in over the hills, and the sun going down it, I remember the good things I love about San Diego, and prepare to come back to the place I currently live....

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Love This!!! Thanks for posting. These are the first pictures I've seen of our wedding day! We plan to meet with the photographer this Sunday. Glad you had a good time on your trip! I have a really cute photo of mom & you I'll email. Wish I coulda visited more with you while you were here!

    Luv ya ~ Happily Married Sis

    ReplyDelete