Friday, September 21, 2012

Random-ness.....

This will be a bit of random-ness, just things to jot down, which seem interesting now, but later will probably prove to be dull;
The sun is up, as it is every morning by 7am.  It's 7:30 now and the orange orb is glowing outside my window. With all the air impurities, it looks quite beautiful.






But this is pretty much the Groundhog Day experience I have. Wait!  Stop, and enjoy the beauty! I find myself refocusing a lot lately and saying this. Find the joy!! I do have so much to be thankful and happy about.
Like new shoes....cheap!!! I had bought a pair of Crocs while in the States a few months back. I wasn't thrilled with them but felt the panicking urge to have some shoes I could wear in this humid climate. While I've always been a "real leather" kind of girl, that doesn't fly well here. After a good rain, your feet are soaked and leather shoes can be ruined. So it's into the faux we go.





So after trying to adjust to the Crocs (my high arch rubbed on the strap) I sold them for S$25 and thought I'd buy some "cheapies" to ruin. Then I found the above!!! Lovely, and they don't hurt or rub anywhere !! Best of all they cost me S$10 - that's $8 US. Simple things for simple minds....

I've been trying to fill time until the furniture arrives  (hopefully next week) I've been running around the island with people to see things and find out how to get here and there. Went to IKEA this week. Yes, the island has two!! Reasonably priced goods do well here. (there is Daiso too - the $2 Japanese store. But that's another entry). It was good to be around something familiar. I think this helps people, or at least  me, adjust. Just seeing something recognizable resets my inner compass. Of course the restaurant offered some unusual things.

who woulda thunk

hubby's feast

they look right, but it's in the taste




Yes Halal. Big here. Hubby thought he was being so clever and got in the" meatball express" line. Turns out it wasn't that, but the Halal only foods. So I had Halal IKEA meatballs. Don't recommend them. They really need the pork.
So the mission continues to explore and adapt to the new surroundings. Don't think I'm in danger of going "Native" though...

Add on - - forgot to include my new washer! My old set, which I loved is living in my hometown now under new ownership with my sister. Begin a washer freakasorus, I wanted a front loader again. The house comes with an AMerican made top loader. I already shrank a shirt!! argh. so in protest I made Hubby buy me a new one (which we will sell before we leave to recoup some of the cost). Top loaders are SO mush more expensive than the native ones. So I got that instead. It still uses less elec and water than the American monstrosity, but cleans with water jets, no agitator to move the clothes. Coolness.

Star Treky isn't it?

inside..


No comments:

Post a Comment