Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Cup!....

Ah, the Melbourne Cup. Held on this (election ) day down under in Australia. I understand it's a national holiday, or just seems like one...
The local tribe of Aussies (ANZO) hosts a celebration and telecast live from Australia, and we were invited. Ok, I say invited, but we had to pay for the privilege.Still, it was a grand time. So fun to people watch and see the lovely fashions and superb head wear!! So up my alley....
Here are a few high lights

held at the Singapore Turf Club

note the "fan" hat

some of the fashion

best creative hat

Kelly ( our neighbor) and Jesus

More stunning hats

fashionistas!

Rose and Shay looking stunning

our table

I love this dress!

I feel the best pre-made hat there


getting ready to run

in the gate





But it wouldn't be one of my true events with out a mini crisis. I only got a portion of the actual cause apparently I forgot to put my memory card in the camera and it only has so much it can hold. So filming stop mid race.  argh


2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like I missed a good party. Glad that you went and had fun without me. Hopefully we can both make it next year. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this event! Looks like a blast. Great headgear too! And FUM missed out??? Bummer.

    ReplyDelete