Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Off the Rack....

One thing I love about vacations is how you can bung a few things in a case and live off them for a week. Especially here, where the climate dictates very little variety so dressing seems easy. And this is where my issue lies. I never thought I'd complain about having too many clothes, but that seems to be the situation. I am frustrated by the fact that I find I wear the same few garments over and over.

My daily selection




Huh??? Why is that a problem? - you ask. Not a problem so much as annoying. I have all these great clothes, most packed away cause the temp here prohibits wearing them, but those I have out (see above) are seldom selected for daily wear. I have this one clothes rack to chose from and I seem to gravitate toward a few pieces which I know will be airy and comfortable. Perhaps it's the fact that I sweat like.....a  WWE wrestler, not a female. I've been buying clothes for about three years (knowing we were coming here) with the sole purpose that they be "breathable" and absorbent. Well, turns out, some are more that others. Most of the linen items are too heavy, thus laying on the skin blocking any air/breeze (few and far between) flow.  I am embarrassed to admit, I've become Muu Muu Girl. The black plastic work threads are hanging on the left of the rack, and on days after I return from work, I peel those off and pop on the oversized flowing rayon (thank you Jesus) giant dress. I know the neighbors see me trotting around doing the chores and must shake their head in pity. Oh well. I just focus my mind on the days ahead when I can complain cause the snow outside is too deep and I am too cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment