Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Have you got a Cluedo?....

I sit here in the conservatory while it is beginning to rain. I love it in here on a rainy day. The drops hit the roof and it sounds like a bigger storm than it ever is. But I'm in good company - I have Col. Mustard and he has the candlestick....I'll let that sink in for a minute. Yes, it's true. We have our own Clue personality.


We couldn't resist. Both Hubby and I loved Clue as kids. Now over here it's call Cluedo (pronounced Clue dough). So I'm kept company- of course the rain has stopped now. And this is no surprize to me. I had washed down the front stairs leading to our flat this afternoon, cause the painters next door are finally done with the sanding and scraping. I thought "the minute I do this, it'll rain". Bingo!!
It's Fall here now. It arrived yesterday. Suddenly it was cold, windy and the crispness was in the air. Oddly, today Ive seen more shorts and short sleeved shirts than a few weeks back when it was in the upper 70's and folks were in Uggs and scarves.  They must be related to James....
Things are rolling along. Hubby is away overnight to Glasgow (darn him, that's where I want to go) for a Industry trip. He's visiting the shipyard where the Brits are building their new "carrier". So I'm here to hold down the fort.  That means a trip to the pub tonight!!
The Girls are coming over in a few weeks, and I'm getting the list of things to do and see ready. There are so many options, I cant remember them all. I'll let them pick and chose. otherwise it would be the historical tour of London. And I know better than that. It will be more like the shopping extravaganza tour for them. We will have back to back visitors for about three weeks. Hope I make it. I want to try for Amsterdam in early December before the next wave of guests come.
Point of this, book your places now. One week in March?April is already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment