Monday, November 21, 2011

Enjoying the Autumn....

Ah. It's so nice when the weather drops and there is the crispness in the air. I love it. I know it won't last - winter is coming. But for now, it's wonderful.
Hubby and I got out and about this weekend. Yesterday morning we took our favorite bus to the top of Sloane Street, to check out the Royal Thames Yacht Club, which we got an honorary 1 year membership to. Very she-she, but doable. Now we need to find some friends to take to tea there. I then dragged him across the street to Harvey Nicols to check out some perfume I've been reading about. Oddly, they didn't carry it. So, off to Harrods down the street. They had it- as they seem to have EVERYTHING. But it was too strong, even for me. So I'll pass on that. Back to Jean Nate (totally kidding)..some head home. On the way we stopped off at the restaurant where we'll be having Christmas dinner. That's right, no cooking this year. It's a first! And maybe a new tradition. I'm holding out for being away at Christmas from now on.....poked around some more and ended up at the Abington "pub" for a late lunch. It was ok, but pricey. Not going back.
Today, I dragged hubby of the the Capital car boot sale in Pimlico. I was expecting much, as a true car boot sale should be cheap and cheerful. But it was fun to go to one in the city.


Did pick up a few goodies- silk hankies for Hubby's suit pocket, a flask for m, a single bud vase for me, and Mrs Beetons book of home remedies. Should be good reading. Spent only about a tenner. Looking forward to wandering outside the city and get into REAL boot sales. Then bused on a new line back to the high Street. There we tried out a new (to us) cafe. Very yummy. Love finding new places to eat. Now, I just have to remember them.....

1 comment:

  1. Love this photo sis. Too cute! Hope you're starting some sort of journal or list on these great food discoveries that you find.

    You should take Ben & Dan to the RYC! That would be a real treat for them.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete