Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I think I've recovered.. I mean things are returning to their bland ways. The Girls are gone, and I've done the wash, put away the air mattresses, restocked the fridge and  had a time to nap. So, I resume my boring life. But it was great fun to have them here. I dragged them around to things I knew, and we discovered some things I didn't know. We walked, ate, drank, walked some more, and laughed more than I have in months. I miss them- and it's only been two days.
So, who's coming over next??  I am now know, by said Girlfriend, as the London Whisperer. Not too sure I know what that means....but I know it's a compliment.

Arrival at Heathrow

They were definitely lucky with the weather while here. Today I sit in lounge wear ( grubby old sweater and elasticized trousers) as the temp has dropped. It's 46 deg right now, and the heat has clicked on. I need to make a Darby pie for the International spouses get together tomorrow. We are supposed to bring a national cake or pastry... Um, American is made up of multi national and regions, so this is a tricky one. But I settled on Darby pie - crust, pecans, chocolate, and Bourbon. Good enough. I can make up a grand tale to go with it if need be.....
Below are some random shots from the time with the Girls.  Enjoy them.

Tea at The Muffin Man ( he's all over Cape Cod...)

Just in case you get lost

Pub Crawl before we had too many...

Remembrance Day observance


Horse Guards - so much closer than Buckingham Palace

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heidi - sounds like a wonderful time with "the girls". I can see that it did you a world of good to have them to tour London with. BTW, you look really good in your photos! Have you lost weight with all the walking you do? Whatever, something seems to agree with you over there!

    Take care, don't get bored!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete