Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yeah, yeah.....

Ok, I'm guilted into blogging today. Well, that's not really true. I've been meaning to do so for days, but I feel bad if I don't post photos. Nuts really. So today's entry will be just words. No pictures. If that doesn't interest you, move on. Next blog......
Last night hubbie and I attended another West End play, "three days in May". Good play, lousy theatre. Reminds me of my olden days working in half finshed venues. But the show must go on.
I won't say we've been busy, rather just doing stuff. Last weekend we took in another of our walking tour book's route. This one was through Soho. Now, I had wandered into Soho for various other reasons (looking for a book shop, eatery, fabric store) and I have to say I wasn't looking forward to this walk. Lots of Soho is seedy and well, not my cup of tea. But in true form, this author takes you to the off beaten and more unual places of each area. What you think you know of an area, is not discussed. Rather the flip side of a region is uncovered and introduced. Makes it fun actually. I found that there are decent areas in Soho with some amazing history. It's really all about history in London anyway. Oh, did I mention the Professor Quantum's time tour bus tour we took? Probably not. It was fab. It was a quirky tour hitting most of the major London sights. Very highly recommend.
We'vs also filled time with weekend car boot sales, which take us to unknown areas of London. While I'm hoping to find killer buys, its nice to get out and about, exploring new bus routes and just seeing the city. Since the weather's been so nice and dry (yet cold) lately, it is a shame to stay in doors.
Also been getting to know ut neighbors more. We had them to dinner. Jess had me over for tea. We ran into them the other day on the street and we all wandereed to the local pub. It's very homey.
Tonight we're off to Moroccan for dinner. They have a culinary club at hubbies' school and native students can pick a place to have other students meet and experience their cusine. Can't yet find a place to take folks for us......

1 comment:

  1. Finally! A new blog. Sounds like more cool adventures. Keep that walking tour book handy for my visit. Cannot wait!

    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete