Saturday, August 11, 2012

Taking a break....

I'm doing it...taking a break. We are two days from the removers (Brit speak) coming to pack us up. Here I sit, with my glass of wine, finishing off abottle that wont ship, doors and windows open cause there's a lovely breeze. It's a fab day, sunny, breezy, around lower 70s. Queen is playing on the ipod and I've completed "pre-packing" the house.  What that entails is going through each room, sorting things, putting lids on, sealing containers, wrapping things I need to know are secure, taking down pictures and grouping them for the crates. There is much to do. While it is not required, I find it much easier on the other end to find things or know where the bits and pieces to items are. In the past I have freaked causes I thought the screw was missing for something, but located it later in a garden/kitchen/bathroom box. Somewhere where it had no business being. So call me crazy or OCD but I've done this enough to know how it works. Of course the movers somehow usually surprise me with something new and unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. And the wine was a lovely pomegranate wine from Withch Creek.....hee hee

    ReplyDelete