Sunday, October 7, 2012

Carrot Cake epiphany....

I like carrot cake. If you really know me, you KNOW this is a huge change of mind for me. "Why ?" you say, everyone loves carrot cake. I don't!! I mean I don't love/like/will be in the same room as an American carrot cake. But carrot cake is something different heree. It has no carrots, nor is it cake. In fact, it's not a dessert but a main meal. I tried it today for lunch at thelocal hawker centre and it was yummy. Not too sure if the main "meat" was tofu or a calamari, either worked well for me. It was wok fried in egg with a few light veggies. Very very nice indeed.

Amendment - I googled the recipe and it turns out the "meat" is not a meat but daikon radish. It was soft and pliable, and completely yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Biiiiiizaaaaar! Daikon cake. No substitute for carrot cake as we know it here. Love it.

    AWOL Big Sis

    ReplyDelete