Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gaining boldnes...

I'm getting there. Or at least trying to. This morning I took the bus to the local market instead of hoofing it the 20 minutes. I like to walk to places so I can learn the area. Then once familiar enough, I will venture out on bus or other. Oddly, we've been here over a month and I still have yet to take a taxi. Haven't needed to yet, which is fine by me. But I think in this heat (which doesn't abate) I need allow myself the luxury of buses and taxis. That is a huge step for me, the Cheap-y.  The journey took about the same length of time, I was just less exhausted  (all buses here are Airconed), thus a happier camper. Took it home as well, learning which stop is the best to alight ( I love that word)  and which direction to walk. Again, to those of you not on foot, this can be vital, as there are hills and steps. If one is schlepping a wheeled trolley, one does not want to see steps ahead. So this is the intricacies of my life. Aren't you thrilled it's not you?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment