Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy New Year - Lunar that is...

To begin with, I promised crazy Ang Mo hair straightening.... Here it is.







 Photo: Heidi Taylor decided she was tired of all the fluff and went out and got her hair "re-bonded".  Here is the result.

 The most asked question about this photos is: "how did I grow 3"? Really people? ( still debating whether I like it or not though)

So now on to more "interesting" stuff. The latest adventure was going down town during Chinese New year. Man, if you think Christmas shopping is bad, never venture out during the CNY. It is actually very beautiful,- so much is decorated and interesting to look at. It's a visual cavalcade.
The group up here planned a trip for opening night of RIVER HONGBAO. Honestly when I signed up I had no idea of what it was. Someone had said they went last year and it was great. Ok. Free trip. I'll go. We loaded up two coaches and headed south ( Friday night in Singapore woo hoo). Turns out it is a festival/carnival down at Marine Stadium. They have it all set up with rides, games, food ( imagine that!!), displays and live performances. The President showed up. There were fire works, and it was a great time had by all.




MBS in the background
It's the year of the snake!

Hubby and I are both year of the Rabbit

God of Fortune looks very non-Asian to me. Just saying...

Indonesian shadow puppets. Missed the show - darn!





The Singaporeans sure do like fireworks. It's kind of like California since they are illegal here. Then they do a huge display, to the wonder of all.













And did I mention food? (I know I did). I was too busy eating by the time we got to the giant food tent to shot photos. Hubby and I opted for Kababs, which were awesome!. Better than the ones in London! But I did manage, once the food coma was over, to take a few snaps.


Yes it is a DURIAN stand....

"Don't mind me. I'm just warming myself here."


  We did have some time to wander over to Marina Bay Sands and have a peek. I'd been to The Shops, but not the hotel lobby. I wanted to check it out (actually see where the Skypark lift is for next time). I was a bit disappointed in what I found. There had been so much hype over the building (even watched a telly show on the building of it), it just seems less grand. And I think they used the Disneyland trick - where it seems smaller once you're there, but from afar it look massive. Maybe it's just me.

Looking up at one of the towers.




2 comments:

  1. Love the long hair!!! I always say - "It suits you well and keeps that youthful look about you". Gorgeous New Year Photos ('cept for the pig - eeew), must have been amazing in person.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you guys!

    X O X O X O X O X O X O

    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hijacked a copy of your red lanterns to put on my desk top at work. Looks like the cherry blossoms are out (?)
    Sounds like it was a beautiful evening.

    Hol

    ReplyDelete