Saturday, February 23, 2013

Home Sweet Home.....

( Oddle, as I went to write this, a blog I follow had posted the 10 sure signs of Homesickness. I thought this was rather serendipitous)


"Lucy, I'm home"....or anyone who is here and cares to listen. I'm back in the place I love, New England. My bestest friend is willing to put me up in her place for a month, so I'm taking it! I don't know how we do it, but we don't kill each other. Rather we "jammie" up at night and enjoy a glass of vino and some telly.
My Reasoning for staying this long "at home" is simple - it's a heck of a journey to get here! Close to 30 travl time, with layovers and all. I went from East to WEst via London, rather than the traditional eastward direction. Mainly due to the reason it's still 25 hrs to get to the WEst Coast and with it being the dead of winter, who knows where you can get stuck coming across. So with two ups and two downs, I'm here.
I have to say I completely enjoyed flying BA. Oh some people were gripping but thesea re the nuckleheads who can't seem to know where to queue and when...


Changi Airport (SIN) has it down pad as to checking in and security. You can buy drink for the plane, which they then put into a secure bag which you can open once on board.


With a 6 hour layover at Heathrow, I had the chance to eat nicely ( Gordon Ramsey's Plane Food) and shop for things I miss from the UK (boots you rock!) I stocked up on items which I can use here and I'll restock on the flight home. the layover then is much less so I did my recon work going out. I am prepared to shop quickly on the way home!
Landing at Logan was getting through customs was a breeze. Woo hoo. And there was nothing like waking up my first morning at Dawn's early light, to see a ornage/pink sky and white frozen stuff on the ground. I love it!!


Hubby is already missing me and sent some reminders of his love. Isn't he sweet!!


And since I have use of a car, I was able to go out and look at things I know, SHops where I can find my favorite things - no necessarily to buy, but just look and enjoy. Of course I may have to pick up a few favorites.......


And being gluten free, I need some GF bread. THanks to my roomie, we used her bread machine ( something I long for back in SIN) and voila.....bread!


 It's so awesome being in the land I know and can function without thinking. Got to drive today too. No trouble being back on the other side of the road. It's something you never forget how to do.
So good to be home!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Coolio, you're here back in the USSA? And not visiting family? OK, we won't feel hurt or anything...

    But, would love to talk to you now that you're on a much more reasonable time zone! Do you have a phone, or number at Karen's where you can be reached? Would love to yack!

    Cheers,
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete