Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wonderful Whirly-Pop.....



I love this thing. I know it is sad to say, but I do. I labored too long on whether or not to get one. I asked for one for Christmas and didn't get it. Must be a sign. But I still hankered for one.
I had used one at K's house and thought "what a great thing."  I control the oil, butter, flavorings. I had stopped buying the microwave popcorns years ago. If you look to see what's in it, it 's a bit alarming. So I had been doing the microwave paper-bag method. Nice, but messy and a lot of unpopped kernels.
Then, about a month ago I bought this baby on Amazon ( I do so love Amazon). Lickity split it arrives and I begin making all sorts of yummy corn. First there was the basic. "Look Ma, two unpopped kernels." Then it was the kettle corn. This is awesome for doing that!! Dump in corn, oil and sugar (which I control how much - and NO, stevia does not work in this recipe), stir, pop and pour. Then last night it was a pre-buttered corn. came out ok, but not too sure I got the oil, butter ratio correct. Darn, I'll have to try again....  And clean up, a breeze. The whole unit seems to be a thick aluminum, so a quick soak (if needed) and wipe and dry. So nice.
I can see carmel corn this Fall. red and green popcorn balls at Christmas. I'm sure I can come up with something for Valentines and Easter by then too.

1 comment:

  1. And the Kettle Corn is amazing. So glad that she finally broke down and bought this, and is willing to share her Kettle Corn with me. She is an amazing women.

    ReplyDelete