Monday, September 5, 2011

Silver teapot lining....

It's the random, occasional, out-of-the-blue blessing that really gets me. Since our goods are MIA, and we are allowed to buy and claim items, I find that I really am missing my teapot! Sounds crazy (consider the author) but I've been making tea in the most unsatisfactory way....in another mug, then transferring it to my drinking mug. In this country especially, it is the most uncivilized way! Ya know how when you learn something, you tend to always do it that way. Well, a good Scottish friend decades back taught me the correct way to make and take tea. So I've been longing for my teapot....to make it properly.
I had decided it's been long enough. I NEED a pot. Being a creature of habit, I didn't want the large, multi person one either. I long for the small individual one. The correct one, for just one person in the morning. A trip up to the High Street, and Marks & Spencer was in order. Certainly they could hook me up with a proper pot. After perusing the kitchen dedptartment, I was aghast (there's a word ya don't see often) that they had NO tea pots what so ever. How can this be. In pure dismay, we wander into the cafe (highly recommend when you all come over) for at a cup of latte. After we order, I ask the gal behind the counter, "can I purchase a teapot from you since they don't sell them here.". "No she says, but if you want to donate to the charity till, I'll give you one".....Wow!! So Mike dumps all his change into the till, and she, Gerry (blessings on you girl) wraps it up for me.
There is a silver lining, even for teapots.

1 comment:

  1. Cute story. Glad you have a proper pot now. Makes a huge difference especially over there! Have you guys checked your APO mail yet?

    CB

    ReplyDelete